GREATER AUGUSTA STAFF
Multi-Area Director: Greg Wilson
Position: Hired April of 2008 as Area Director of Greater Augusta
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Education: B.S.Ed. in Health & Physical Education, University of Georgia, 1991 M.Ed.
in Health & Physical Education, University of Georgia, 1994
Family: Married to Dr. Judi H. Wilson of Durham, NC. They have identical twin sons, Carter & Tanner.
Professional Work Experience:
- Teacher & Football/Basketball Coach, Banks County Middle & High Schools, Homer, GA, 1991-93
- Men’s Assistant Basketball Coach, Middle Georgia College, Cochran, GA, 1993-95
- Women’s Head Basketball Coach, Middle Georgia College, Cochran, GA, 1995-99
- Women’s Head Basketball Coach, Augusta State University, Augusta, GA, 1999-2008
- Area Director of Greater Augusta Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Augusta, GA, 2008- Present
Career Head Coaching Record: 341-224
Wilson’s Comments & Goals for Greater Augusta FCA: “I still cannot believe that God has taken an unworthy man like myself and made me into a worthy vessel for His work here on earth through the awesome ministry that is FCA. What an incredible privilege! I desire to see God glorified through our work here at GAFCA by seeing an FCA huddle established on all 61 middle, high, and collegiate school campuses in our 9-county area.”
Greg may be contacted at email@example.com
Phone: 706-868-6000 EX. 7066
Area Representative: Bernard Grant
Position: Hired March of 2013 as an Area Representative serving Lincoln, McDuffie, Washington and Wilkes Counties.
Bernard is right at home as he is a Thomson HS graduate. After high school, he went on to study at U. of South Carolina, where he became involved with FCA. Having served on the Columbia, SC FCA board, and now serving as the Team Chaplain for Thomson HS, Bernard is a perfect fit for serving student/athletes and coaches through the ministry of FCA.
"I have a desire to spread the gospel of Jesus to young people. My love for Jesus and athletics led me to FCA."
Bernard Grant can be reached at BGrant@FCA.org.
Administrative Assistant: Mary Howard
Position: Hired in August of 2018 as the Administrative Assistant for the Greater Augusta Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Mary was born in Charleston, SC
- She is married to Rick, and they have two sons, Lorick and Benji
- All the Howards are active in their church, schools and community
- Mary's desire is to see God use GAFCA in a mighty way in the Central Savannah River Area
Favorite Scripture: Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Mary may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Representative: Steve Gindlesperger
Position: Hired October of 2017 as a Greater Augusta FCA area representative specializing in Coaches Ministry.
- Steve has been married to Joan for 46 years.
- They have 2 children: 1 son and 1 daughter along with 7 grandchildren
- Steve and Joan are active in their church and community
Steve can be contacted at email@example.com